Director of Alumni Affairs and Engagement
DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI AFFAIRS AND ENGAGEMENT
The Director of Alumni Affairs and Engagement serves as the chief alumni engagement officer for the University of New Orleans. The director is responsible for the development, planning and evaluation of a comprehensive and diverse engagement program, which offers opportunities for alumni to support the University mission and its strategic priorities.
The Director is responsible for creating sustainable and complimentary campus partnerships to strengthen a culture of engagement, generosity and philanthropy. The Director serves as a key ambassador and representative of the University within the alumni community as well as the greater New Orleans community.
The Director is responsible for developing and managing a robust volunteer engagement program to support various programs within the Alumni Association and throughout the University.
As a member of the senior staff of the Office of University Advancement, the Director is the primary liaison to the University of New Orleans Alumni Association Board of Directors, working closely with the Board chair to implement the Association strategic plan, identify and recruit volunteers and insure that the Alumni Association implements best practices for university alumni associations.
- Develop, manage and evaluate an annual tactical plan which implements the mission, primary goals and strategies of the strategic plan.
- Recruit and hire skilled and committed staff, establish performance expectations and metrics, and provide ongoing education and coaching to support staff success.
- Manage the operating budget to insure strong stewardship and efficient use of budget resources.
- Develop a comprehensive engagement program in four key areas: communication engagement, experiential engagement and donor engagement, in collaboration with University Advancement staff.
- Implement a system of engagement metrics to evaluate programming.
- Develop strong university and community partnerships to enhance the impact of alumni engagement programs.
- Formalize a volunteer engagement program with a description of volunteer roles, responsibilities and methods of accountability.
- Work with University Advancement staff to cultivate individual gifts and solicit sponsorships in support of a variety of events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years relevant experience in advancement, development and alumni relations.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of budget management, staff and volunteer management, program development and strategic planning.
- Strong communication skills and technical aptitude.
- Ability to build consensus within a diverse constituency, manage change and strive for continuous improvement.
- Commitment to professional development and impeccable ethical standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and sustain a superior standard of excellence for programing, staff and volunteers.
- The ability to record and maintain date in computerized and non-computerized formats, including proficiency working with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to engage in travel, and work evening and weekends.
- Five years relevant experience in higher education, preferably in advancement, development, and alumni relations.
- Proven record of leadership success in higher education.
- Ability to maximize impact of staff and budget resources.
- Outstanding special event planning and management skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge data base platform.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please apply through the UNO website at www.uno.edu/jobs
DATE POSTED: May 17, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled.