Chief Programming Officer
Position: CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER
Civil Service Title: URBAN POLICY SPECIALIST 4
Main Functions: As a member of the senior management team, the Chief Programming Officer (CPO) helps to develop the vision, set the strategic priorities and design, and manage all NORD programming. The CPO is responsible for ensuring the high-quality implementation and delivery of all programs. The CPO oversees and coordinates the work of all program directors, including the Specials Programs Director, Athletics Director, Recreation Centers Director, and Aquatics Director.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Duties:
- Works closely with the CEO and each Department Director to develop division strategic plans and work activities to coordinate and synchronize with the strategic plan, directions, and goals of NORD.
- Implements and evaluates department policies, projects and programs.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, direction and management of all functions and resources of the division to achieve the objectives of the department and the City in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develops and utilizes assessment tools to track progress towards organizational and division specific goals and objectives.
- Assists with implementing the department vision through division activities and leads the division for maximum employee productivity and morale through hiring, disciplining, evaluating employee performance, investigating and resolving grievances and other human resources actions.
- Manages, coordinates, and determines priorities of work load by monitoring levels of resources, establishing time lines, assigning work, monitoring progress, recommending changes and suggestions, writing, reviewing and editing reports prepared by staff, and approving completed projects and reports.
- Facilitates cross-collaboration with all Department Directors and organizational teams
- Collaborates with COO to clearly communicate all aspects of programming to inform budgets, proposals, evaluation processes, and reportsDevelops, administers, and monitors department budgets with staff assistance to ensure the ethical, productive and efficient utilization of NORD resources
- Supervises, manages, and oversees recreation programs by researching trends, consulting with individuals and agencies to determine the effectiveness of programs, conducting needs assessments, developing methods and procedures to increase program participation and efficiency, recommending equipment needs, promoting and scheduling overall programs, and developing and updating programmatic manuals.
Processes and plans for organizational and community needs, analyzes programmatic trends, statistics and opportunities, and communicates information to NORD leadership of impending developments, and accomplishment of actions.
- Encourages innovation and provides effective leadership and motivation for program staff through the use of sound principles of management and supervision
- Creates and actively promotes a comfortable and welcoming environment where every employee and member of the public is treated with dignity and respect
Develops strategic partnerships and contacts with community representatives, external agencies, and other organizations to develop a sense of relevant issues facing our community and to respond as a representative of the City.
- Facilitates solutions to problems facing the department.
- Actively contributes to and participates in agency-wide activities and programs
- Ensures that division operations conform to NORD policies, local, state and federal governmental regulations, other applicable rules and requirements; and performs other related duties as required or directed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in developing and implementing recreation or neighborhood center programs, activities and special events.
- Commitment to the vision of NORD and its programs
- Strong project management, program planning and implementation skills
- Ability to survey the existing environment and use sound judgment to adjust programs to gain greatest impact on the community•Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships on behalf of the organization
- Expertise with computer and/or client/server systems, Microsoft Excel and high proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Professional competency in spoken and written English•Able to work independently, effectively manage multiple projects and assignments under time constraints and changing priorities
- Extremely responsible, punctual, and detail oriented with notable organizational skills
- Knowledge of NORD policies and procedures•Ability to effectively engage the public/community for various recruitment purposes
- Ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with staff, patrons, and individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to inspire, motivate, focus and represent NORD in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong work ethic accompanied by a good sense of humor
- Minimum 5 years of management experience is required, with a history of leading and managing professional staff and teams to higher levels of performance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in athletics, coaching, performing arts, education, or related field.
Compensation: Annual Base Salary: $95,181 Work Week: 35 hours per week, subject to flex time
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.