Director of Marketing & Communications
The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra: Our Mission is to inspire freedom and culture in the individual and the global community by creating authentic, engaging Jazz experiences that celebrate the origins and transform the future of Jazz. As a performing arts organization, our goal is to strengthen the business of Jazz through performances, touring, recordings, education and media platforms. The NOJO is the first and only performing arts institution committed solely to the development of an Industry for Jazz in the city that created it.
- Coordinate all marketing and communications strategies for New Orleans Jazz Orchestra events, concerts and promotions; includes developing and implementing strategies for advertising, public relations, e-communications, web, social media, etc.
- Develop and prepare presentation/marketing materials (with the assistance of NOJO's graphic designer)
- Work closely with Programming and Development teams to plan and implement all NOJO initiatives
- Develop local and national relationships with both profit and nonprofit organizations and associations, potential event sponsors and partners, and media
- Write news releases; maintain direct contact with press and media; pitch well-developed story ideas; organize news conferences and media interviews
- Coordinate photo and video documentation of events; strategize creative uses of video/photo materials
- Undergraduate or Graduate Communications or related Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a related field
- Refined verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong web marketing and online/social media skills; experience developing and driving Social Media initiatives for regional and national clients/brands/organizations
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and pressure
- Strong analytic capabilities; ability to interpret data and measure results
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: a writing sample, resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.