Store Associate: Retail Garden Shop with Daily Farmstand
Company description: Laughing Buddha Nursery's mission is to supply people in our region with the knowledge and tools to be successful in their agricultural pursuits and to eat local food. LBN focuses on helping customers grow plants naturally and organically, particularly vegetables. With our 16-acre farm on the Northshore, we now stock a variety of food, including eggs, pork, beef and goat from our farm, along with dairy, chicken, mushrooms, produce and ferments from a variety of other local farmers and producers.
Overview: LBN is seeking a friendly, reliable and organized individual who is interested in gardening, local food, sustainable agriculture and/or hydroponic growing systems to serve as a store associate. The store associate is responsible for assisting and checking out customers, maintaining shop cleanliness and assisting in inventory management. Other tasks can include gardening in store display beds, providing content for website and social media feeds. Light manual labor is required.
- Arrive to work on time, in proper dress
- Maintain store cleanliness and organization throughout shift
- Become knowledgable about our products and go above and beyond to help customers find what they need; make the sale
- Ring sales into register; handle transactions carefully and accurately
- Assist with tracking orders and packing for farm delivery hubs
- Friendly and outgoing
- Excellent organization skills
- Proactive communicator
- Prior retail experience preferred
At this time, we are looking for an individual who can commit to Monday, Friday and Saturday, 10 am - 6 pm. There is a possibility for increased hours in the future.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.