Job Title: Product Manager
Reports to: VP of Product Management + Product Marketing
Product Managers (PDMs) are accountable for owning the creation, development, and continued support of new and existing products. PDMs act as the product owner throughout the entire agile product development lifecycle and are responsible for the financial success of the products. Product Managers will set the vision, conduct market and customer research, gather and prioritize requirement, update product roadmaps and craft the compelling value story. Product Managers work collaborate across the company with Sr. Management, Business Development, Customer Success, Architecture and Development.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional leadership to ensure solution objectives are clearly defined and aligned with business goals.
- Work with cross-functional leadership to create strategic milestones and performance tests for determining the success/failure of a product or products.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps. Determine product/feature objectives and priority in relation to all product plans.
- Define value positioning to assist other areas of the organization in marketing and positioning of the product
Market Analysis, Viability, Product Proposal/Design
- Perform regular market analysis to understand current market conditions, determine SWOT and create business cases to capitalize on SWOT.
- Work with cross-functional leadership to determine product demand, positioning, viability and profitability.
- Collaborate with Design Department to create wireframe/mockups of proposed products. Throughout the design process, ensure that the business goals are met and help create great user experiences.
Envisioning & Requirements
- Own product business requirements. Work with Architecture, Project Management and Development to complete requirements documentation. Maintain ongoing maintenance of requirements as the business context evolves.
- Determine scope and create MVP priorities for iterative builds. Work with Project Management and Development teams to ensure the product backlog is healthy and remains current and aligned with business objectives.
- Run Voice of Customer (VOC) sessions to gather user feedback and performance metrics. Create and execute A/B tests, prototypes, and feature experiments. Collect and analyze testing data to guide and support product/feature decisions.
- Work with Architecture, Project Management and Development to understand product risks and mitigation strategies. Understand the platform/architectural designs and limitations to help create products that are viable and aligned with current and future technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, computer or management information systems, or a closely related field
- 5-7 years of experience as a Product Manager delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate business partner needs into business and product requirements
- Agile software development processes
- Experience with E-commerce web sites
- Knowledge of the online travel industry
Personal Skill Set:
- Understands visual design concepts
- Strong research skills
- Critical thinker
- Decision maker
- Organized with ability to prioritize tasks
- Knows how to listen, share, cooperate and learn together as a team
- Keeps a positive attitude
- Able to clearly articulate expectations (clearly define what is expected of team members and define expectations on your deliverables to upper management
- Able to absorb large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Persistent and firm when necessary
Management Skill Set:
- Accomplished and knowledgeable in product management
- Builds powerful product presentations and reports
- Displays personal and product management leadership
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and life insurance eligibility from date of hire (with company contribution)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Vision Plan
- Supplemental life insurance (for employee and dependents)
- 401(k) plan
- 3 weeks vacation each year (with accrual beginning on date of hire)
- 11 paid holidays, plus your birthday!
- Paid parking assistance
- Laid-back office environment where every day is “casual day”
- Dog friendly office
Founded in New Orleans in 1999, iSeatz has become one of the most powerful booking engines for ancillary travel products in the market today. Our focus on excellence has earned iSeatz one of New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for the last six out of seven years. Our team is the best in the business, with broad backgrounds, experience and expertise.
iSeatz is located on Magazine Street within the historic Warehouse and Arts District, with offices in the Intellectual Property (IP) Building. Our workspace is dog friendly and designed in an open floor format allowing for maximum team collaboration. If you prefer a windowless cube-farm, iSeatz is not for you.
- Paid Vacation
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Community Involvement
- Outside Company Activities
- Access to Public Transportation
- Near Restaurants and Shopping
- Parking Provided
- Casual Dress Code
- Pet Friendly