Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Want to work on an international team in Tech? Want to work with the world’s most innovative companies focusing on AI, self-driving cars, VR/AR, and all sorts of other cool stuff? Want to know that your work drives a HUGE social impact? If you answered “yes” to all of these and you’re confident you have what it takes, let’s talk!
About iMerit in New Orleans
iMerit is a unique for-profit company with a social impact mission and vision. Founded by successful executives and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, we employ people from marginalized backgrounds who have been trained in digital data skills. This workforce provides critical data services to our enterprise clients like data enrichment, image annotation, sentiment analysis, data classification, etc.
Our customers range from large enterprise organizations to high-impact tech and eCommerce companies. We work with their most innovative teams in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Trust & Safety, Product, and Data Science.
Our investors include Omidyar Network, Khosla Impact, and the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. With 1,000+ employees, we are an agile and fast-paced global startup with growing revenues and hands-on leadership.
Benefits: competitive health benefits, PTO program and paid holidays, casual work environment, social impact mission/vision
Location: New Orleans, LA
About the role
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our Sales team. As an SDR at iMerit, you will play a key role in building out the lead generation engine that supports our fast-growing business. Your primary focus will be supporting our lead generation efforts by booking appointments for the Sales team. To be successful in this role, you will:
- BE A HUNTER: research our space and our target accounts, engage with prospects via telephone/email/social, creatively initiate conversations, schedule meetings with the right people at the right companies
- BE SCRAPPY: you find a way to get things done no matter what, customize useful sales materials (presentations, one-pagers, case studies), learn from mistakes, won’t make excuses,
- BE A PROBLEM SOLVER: have a consultative approach, deeply understand client needs/business goals, connect the dots on how iMerit will deliver customized solutions to solve unique client problems, handle and overcome prospect objections verbally and via email,
- BE A TEAM PLAYER: work cross functionally with SDR, Sales, and Marketing, teams to ensure campaign success, ask for help when needed, help others when able,
- BE A SELF-STARTER: tackle new markets and opportunities with a great sense of urgency while having little direction and training, update all prospect interactions and statuses in Salesforce to ensure efficient lead management, take initiative - when you see something needs to be done you do it.
- BE AN INFLUENCER: lead by example, show a high level of work ethic, add to the company culture, deliver measurable results
- 2 years experience in a Sales or lead generation role (cold calling)
- ability to work interculturally and in a distributed team
- interest and openness to travel (up to 25%)
- self-directed learner and hands-on problem solver
- comfortable working with data and complicated technologies
- prior experience in CrowdSourcing, Outsourcing, and/or Solutions Selling
- desire to research market trends, technology, and concepts, in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science
Ideal Candidate Traits/Experience:
- proven track record in reaching/exceeding sales goals
- experience working on an international team
- experience working on/with remote teams
- prior work history with crowdsourcing/outsourcing
- interest in social impact
- basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google suite, and Salesforce
- fun to be around
- can carry a conversation with anyone (CEO, data scientist, homeless person)
- curious by nature - eager to learn
- EXCELLENT verbal and written skills
- value teamwork but able to fly solo
- have a track record of thriving in a self-starting environment leveraging your drive, creativity, and intellect
- outstanding organization and time management skills
Please apply through WorkNola or email your resume and cover letter to Arianne Larimer: email@example.com.