Mobile App Developer - iOS
Globalstar is hiring a Mobile App Developer - iOS to join our team in the New Orleans Area!
This opportunity requires 1 to 3 years of iOS Mobile App development experience with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or other STEM education). The ability to effectively multi-task, manage time and prioritize tasks is a must. The candidate will have good organizational, analytical, and numerical skills. A positive attitude is important and the candidate should be ready to apply their skills and expertise to help meet any challenge. As a developer, the candidate will work with cross-functional teams to transform project requirements into exciting user experience.
Major Job duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- Design, Develop and Maintain iOS Mobile Apps (Swift, Objective-C, C++, possibly Xamarin)
- Integrate iOS apps with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles
- Implement proprietary communication protocols for communicating with external devices via Bluetooth and USB/HID.
- Contribute to all phases of the SDLC
- Work within the established Globalstar Agile/Scrum development methodology using Atlassian Jira
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and offer insights
- 1 to 3 years of iOS Mobile App development experience
- Bonus Experience - developing apps that include maps using Google maps, Mapbox or Here.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or other STEM education)
- Experience integrating iOS apps with RESTful APIs and RESTful service design
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities, able to research complex matters and present sound conclusions
- Experience with a variety of languages and frameworks is a plus; such as Java, C++, Python, Xamarin
- Troubleshoot/debug/resolve application and performance issues
- Be excited by the future of mobile and how it’s defining the new tech ecosystem and to be part of building the mobile experience for the next billion users
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Be open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
- Must be able to interact with cross-functional project teams
Who are we?
Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel. Globalstar data solutions are ideal for various asset and personal tracking, data monitoring, SCADA and IoT applications. The Company's products include mobile and fixed satellite telephones, the innovative Sat-Fi satellite hotspot, Simplex and Duplex satellite data modems, tracking devices and flexible service packages.
Globalstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
Globalstar is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.