Technical Consultant (C) – Digital Transformation (6 openings)
Requisition ID 1658753
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project. Understands a broad spectrum of company technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements. Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks. Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers. Understands company strategy and the role that the individual plays.
- Uses knowledge tools and reuses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
- Uses and contributes to technical forums within the company environment and local professional communities and technical user groups. Focuses on single customer. Brings some specialized knowledge to a project team and solves moderately complex problems.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have 3-5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable. Able to contribute to the design for deliverables.
- Ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
- Able to communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers.
- Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer.
- VMware and Active Directory skills are required.
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities