Director of Finance and Administration
Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is Louisiana’s oldest, statewide non-profit organization dedicated to coastal restoration. CRCL drives bold, science-based action to rebuild our coast through outreach, restoration and advocacy. CRCL connects with thousands of people each year through volunteers who plant marsh grasses and trees across our coast, membership, newsletters and the State of the Coast conference. CRCL brings together a diverse and non-partisan set of interests through its partnerships and Board of Directors.
Position Description: The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the executive director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, compliance and technology strategy. The successful candidate will join a talented staff and enjoy a high-energy, flexible work environment. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Financial Planning and Budgeting
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED
o Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes
o Keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
• Implement systems and perform analysis that ensures CRCL’s current and future financial health and sustainability
o Develop financial reports and provide summaries of key data points and variances
o Effectively communicate critical financial matters to the Executive Director and Board of directors
o Ensure cash flow controls are in place and manage and forecast all cash flow for the organization, including grants receivables
• Work with Leadership team to develop and track key program and organization wide metrics
Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Oversee the accurate creation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
o Provide financial reporting materials for all donor segments
o Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
o Improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors
• Manage all accounting / bookkeeping responsibilities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and grant reporting
• Oversee all purchasing needs of CRCL
• Manage payroll
Compliance and Internal Controls
• Implement systems and create structures to ensure internal controls are in place and that the organization is in
o Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
o Improve the finance department’s overall policies and procedures
o Create all internal operational documents (forms, etc.) and ensure their availability and use by staff
o Ensure compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements
o Ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for
financial and tax reporting including timely completion of IRS Form 990 Return for Organization Exempt
from Income Tax
o Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems and/or database(s) pertaining to all aspects of CRCL
operations including, but not limited to, grantors, donors, vendors, clients, banking, insurance, tax data,
and contact lists
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
• Further develop CRCL’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development,
compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting
• Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined
• Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies,
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the
• Work with staff to ensure existing technology systems and tools meet organizational needs and are used
• Oversee the assessment of any new technology to ensure alignment with organizational needs
• Manage insurance program for organization including worker’s comp, property & casualty, general liability
o BA Required; MBA or CPA preferred
o Minimum of three years of non-profit financial management experience, including
▪ Grant management, reporting and compliance
▪ Budget development and analysis
▪ Overseeing accounting and bookkeeping
▪ Audit prep and execution support
▪ Payroll management and execution
Skills / Attributes:
o Expertise with accounting software, Sage/Peachtree expertise preferred
o Advanced Excel skills
o Strong analytic skills
o Attention to detail and highly organized
o Takes initiative and highly accountable
o Ability to work under pressure
o Leadership qualities including trustworthiness, self-confidence, ability to delegate, and ability to
maintain a positive attitude.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience. Generous health and retirement benefits provided.
Location: New Orleans, LA
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to FinanceDirector@crcl.org. Please include in the cover
letter your earliest available start date and desired salary for this position.
CRCL is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages people of color and
members of other underrepresented groups to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, or any other class protected by law. CRCL is an equal opportunity employer.