Professional Development & Training Coordinator
504HealthNet is a nonprofit, community-based coalition committed to improving access to primary care and behavioral health services for all residents in the Greater New Orleans region regardless of ability to pay. We are a member association comprised of 23 community health organizations that represents the safety-net for low-income, uninsured, and underinsured residents. Over the past eight years, this collaborative has been crucial in promoting transformational, community-based care as well as working towards health equity in New Orleans. 504HealthNet’s mission is to improve health care access by supporting this coordinated network of healthcare providers. We do this by providing advocacy services, conducting community outreach activities, and offering training and quality improvement programs for members. Together we are increasing health care access for all New Orleanians.
504HealthNet is collaborating with the Louisiana Cancer Prevention and Control Program (LCP) to provide targeted professional development opportunities to health professionals. The LCPs mission is to reduce the burden from cancer in Louisiana. LCP focuses on eliminating and reducing cancer-related inequalities and health disparities by providing a comprehensive, integrated and coordinated approach to the continuum of cancer service delivery.
The Professional Development & Training Coordinator will plan and organize trainings for 504HealthNet member organization staff, the LCP which includes the Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program (LBCHP) staff and strategic partners. He/She will manage an online training platform and ensure the content is available for health center staff to access. The job scope includes completion of full training cycles (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate). Organizational and planning skills, communication and presentation skills, and attention to detail are essential for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan and organize trainings for 504HealthNet member organization staff, LCP and LBCHP strategic partners and staff. This includes mapping out training plans and schedules, and managing all the logistics for the training events.
· Manage and administer the 504HealthLearn system, an online training platform for health care center staff. Duties include uploading courses, pushing out new content, assisting health center staff develop new trainings using PowerPoint, and serving as the point of contact for this project.
· Develop and establish recommended sets of courses and learning paths for particular employee groups within health centers (e.g. front desk staff, medical assistants, etc.).
· Identify professional development training needs, using tools such as needs assessments and surveys.
· Coordinate and record the evaluation of efficacy of professional development trainings. Use feedback gathered from assessments to guide further planning.
· Identify and choose appropriate training methods (e-learning, live seminars, etc).
· Select and/or develop appropriate training materials including presentations, handouts etc.
· Consult with LCP management and communications team to develop and provide presentations on preventable cancers (colorectal, breast, cervical and HPV related cancers).
· Identify and coordinate professional development opportunities and resources. The coordinator will be responsible for helping to identify subject matter experts.
· Encourage participation in professional development opportunities by marketing them and providing necessary information.
· Facilitate online trainings, webinars and live seminars opportunities. Provide updates to LBCHP providers and LCP partners via email, phone calls and/or webinars.
· Assist in developing or identifying social media content for cancer awareness and education.
· Prepare and submit progress and reports.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
· Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures;
· Must be able to develop and conduct trainings and presentations;
· Self-motivated and self-directed;
· Willing to learn how to use a simple software system Litmos (similar to Blackboard);
· Comfortable trouble-shooting issues as they arise;
· Ability to work as a member of a team and be flexible, innovative, energetic and hard-working;
· Must commit to supporting a culture of continuous improvement;
· Must be able to meet deadlines;
· Familiarity with 504HealthNet and LCP priority areas (cancer, community health clinics, community based collaborations, primary care and behavioral health services) preferred.
$40-45,000/year depending on experience. Offers a 401(k), excellent medical/ dental coverage, paid time off and flexible benefits.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23rd, 2018. We review applications on a rolling basis so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
For more information about 504HealthNet, please visit www.504HealthNet.org.
504HealthNet is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity and strives to be an inclusive organization. 504HealthNet takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or application on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
- Flex Time
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Growth Potential
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Community Involvement
- Outside Company Activities
- Access to Public Transportation
- Parking Provided
- Casual Dress Code